Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dear Diary

This week on the way to work I've seen many men peeing openly on the side of the roads and a whole family of pigs walking along the side of the road. Baby pigs, too. Yesterday, I saw a group of people carrying bowls of what looked like twigs on the top of their head. Between the bowl and their head a cushion to help level and reduce pressure atop one' head.

I really want to get some pictures of poor living conditions I keep seeing. I'll try to do that on the way to work. It seems, although I'm not certain, that with all of the construction going on, people move their homes with the job sites. You'll see families and kids outide new buildings and home made tents, which I'm assuming is home. And you alway know when they have hand washed their clothes. Laundry will be hung from trees and fences for a day or 2 while drying. Along with the tents, it's common to see men with carts making their living selling food of sorts to workers or people near by. Chicken Dumplings are typical, I think.

I know I promised you pictures from the day shopping last week. I promise I'll get those posted soon. I'm fighting a cold. It started in the chest and has now moved to the head. Actually, I tried to fight, but lost the battle. It's here and it's fierce. Stupid thing. And I'm pretty sure I know how I got it, too. The A/C vent in my room blows and hits me directly when I'm sitting at the desk working on my computer. I even thought to myself, this could make a person sick. I should have listened to my innerself earlier on. Dummy.

My training group still rocks. After every break, I make them use some anti-bacterial gel that I brought. It's not easily found here. I walk around with the tube and put some on their hands telling them that they can't get sick and they have to make sure to come to work everyday. We had a few people call out while training the first round and it just made for long days to get them caught up. And all of that falls on me and Emma.

The test I told you about a few posts ago- the average score was 92%. Yesterday, they took some simulated calls where we have folks in the US in caller character place calls to them for practice. I think everyone did well, but I haven't seen all of the evaluation results. Today, we start on the 2nd team specific materials.

I'm off to work, to train with a 30% working voice... I heart NyQuil.

Until later, Namaste.

No comments: