Sunday, February 3, 2008

Week 3

I finally got the time to upload some photos. I'll post the link for you below.

This weekend, Emma took me to the Lotus Temple, another place I had wanted to visit. It was really cool. Huge, peaceful and proud. It's a temple open to all faiths so I said a few Hail Marys. Here and also at the Taj Mahal, you have to remove your shoes before you enter. A testimony to how clean these places are kept- I wore white socks at the Taj Mahel and when I ended my tour, they were still white. It's when I'm at these world known places that I feel far away from home. I imagine my wherabouts on the google map, on the other side of the globe, in a country further away than Africa and in that far away country in a state, and in that state in a town and in that town at a world known site. And it's me who's there. Sites I can't imagine ever having the opportunity to see before this project and probably never again.

Link to Lotus Temple Info: http://www.tourtravelworld.com/hot_spots/delhi/lotus_temple/

After the temple, Emma and I did some shopping. No good deals this time, but saw some authentic Indian clothes shops. The hand sewn detail is phenomenal. As far as western atire, the prices stores are the same as in the US. Nike, Puma, The Body Shop and ESPRIT (long live the days of 6th and 7th grade)...

The weekends feel like they last for 3 or 4 days and it's all because of this non-schedule issue I'm having. And when we venture out on Saturdays, it feels like an extension of Friday. Again, this weekend I followed the sleep for 4 hours and awake for 4 hours pattern. When you do that a few times in a day, you can see how one can get messed up. And I was really off track last week. I could have sworn Thursday was Wednesday a million times over, but the group assured me it was actually already Thursday. On Friday, our training class was cut short. My group was called back to take phone calls due to the snow storm in the midwest as people had trouble getting in. I'm a million miles away and still affected by snow storms in Chicago.

I'm not usually one who has trouble sleeping or falling asleep. Usually, I hit the pillow and I'm out within 2 minutes. Lucky, I know...I was that way growing up and I've held on to it. Not here... I'm resolving myself to taking ambien when I get home with hopes to resume my normal patterns.

With only one week left, it's hard to imagine the time has passed by so quickly.

I hope everyone has fun watching the Super Bowl, filled with humorous commercials worth the millions. Too bad the Packers aren't in game.

Here's a link to my most recent pics. Enjoy!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ahmukup.cjn77p8x&x=0&y=-c4upe5


Until later, Namaste.

No comments: